When you’re building the home of your dreams, you don’t just want to settle for any ordinary plumbing fixtures. You want fixtures deftly blending a high level of performance and low costs on utility bills. Think about it: when you’re trying to cozy up in your new home, the last thing you want is to immediately encounter plumbing problems like leaks, clogs, and high costs on bills. The pains of a low-efficiency plumbing system can be many. And while they may all seem small, together they can create a giant headache for homeowners. Malfunctioning fixtures aren’t the only problem you’ll need to worry over. Larger carbon footprint and safety risks are some of the main issues associated with low-efficient plumbing systems. Older appliances are not only less efficient but are made from outdated technology that can put you and your family’s health at risk. You will also waste water. Toilets use much more water than newer models to do the same job and this not only wastes water, it can increase your spending. Likewise, new shower heads not only offer more pressure than older models, they use much less water. If you want to ensure the transition to your new home goes smoothly, you’ll definitely want to do your research into which energy-efficient fixtures are available.
Calling Grizzly Mechanical for High-Quality Service
Fortunately, Grizzly Mechanical is here to help you determine what plumbing fixtures will bring your newly constructed home to the next level. Our team of plumbers are innovators when it comes to providing plumbing service that will make your home a truly comfortable living space. We want to ensure you have a plumbing system that meets your individual specifications, which is why our team makes customer satisfaction the top priority. With our help, you will be able to live stress-free and focus more on enjoying life in your newly constructed home. You will also save both money and water while enjoying a high level of convenience in your home. Most importantly, you will be keeping your family safe, especially when you’re avoiding the risk of having outdated technology in your home. Make no mistake, the perfect start to life in your new home is made even better with a call to Grizzly Mechanical!
5 Fixtures to Consider Right Now
Here are five energy efficient plumbing features that will not only save you money, but reduce your carbon footprint and offer added health and safety benefits:
- Insulated pipes: Pipe insulation helps lower the chances of losing when hot water is carried to plumbing fixtures. By doing so, you can reduce your water heater temperature significantly. When you’re looking to make life in your new home efficient as possible, insulated pipes are great option to consider during any new construction project.
- Tankless water heaters: Tankless water heaters are much more efficient than conventional models. While these units can be expensive, you will save 40 to 50 more gallons of water. Their energy-saving capabilities far outweigh the upfront cost. Plus, without the tank, it saves you plenty of space. They also have a much longer lifespan, meaning you will save money on water heater replacement.
- Low-flow shower heads: Low-flow shower heads aren’t like the ones of yesteryear, which used 5 to 8 gallons of water per minute (gpm). Current standards for today’s shower heads are 2.5 gallons per minute, but low-flow shower heads are even more efficient. They use as little as 2 gallons per minute.
- Low-flow faucets: New faucets can drop water usage from 2.5 gallons per minute to 1.5 gallons per minute, saving up to 13,000 gallons of water a year for a typical household. In addition to the incredible money-savings, some kitchen faucets also cut down on your reliance on bottled water consumption by offering built-in filtered water features.
- High-efficiency toilets: High-efficiency toilets are one of most energy-efficient plumbing fixtures. Newer toilets use as little as one gallon per flush and even offer dual flushing capabilities, one of the most energy efficient options for homeowners. It shows that the toilet has been tested for maximum flushing power all while saving thousands of gallons of water a tear. They are also much more effective in eliminating clogs and save you money on drain cleaning.
As you consider these options, please remember a well-functioning plumbing system is something most homeowners take for granted, leaving them vulnerable to not prioritizing fixes. This best solution here is by focusing first on the smaller, less expensive fixes that can make a huge difference in how you enjoy your newly constructed home.
Contact Grizzly Mechanical today if you want to learn more about phenomenal new construction plumbing!